This is a community that's eventual audacious goal is transhumanism; enabling us to become more than just single individuals. Our methods by which we seek to achieve this is by employing rational science and technical methodologies and we realize that this will not happen overnight. This is also a community that will be an educational and societal initiative to improve scientific inquiry by breaking down the ivory tower so that science and innovation are not restricted to just those who go through established educational channels.
The goal is to find likeminded people who both long for the close community and the "radical openness" that is a common theme in intentional communities, as well as have a drive to innovate and advance engineering, technology, science, and medicine. While we embrace environmental sustainability and political activism, there are other communities that are more suited for people interested in focusing on these activities. Our primary goal is the collaborative effort to make progress towards three main areas:
- Creating self-reproducing synthetic artificial life
- Creating the ability to communicate and control said synthetic life, ultimately extending oneself beyond the body – achieving pseudo-apotheosis.
- Creating the ability for two or more people to share conscious thought; direct ubuntu
With these goals in mind, we hope to establish a communal house/set of houses with adjacent shop space that we can use to work together to implement the above goals. The intention is to form a cooperative business around the innovations that come from the incremental attempts at achieving these lofty goals. The hope is for members of the community to not need to have outside employment, so that we can focus our efforts towards advancing our mission. There are several areas that have already been identified and are currently being developed so that we can start earning an income as soon as possible.
These are some of the core values that this community should hold:
- Insatiable desire for the application of more knowledge, skill, and ability
- Desire for rational discourse
- Heterarchical cooperation over hierarchical hegemony
- An open and honest sharing of feelings and resources
- Positivity towards all bodies, minds, and sexual expression and exploration towards more pluralistic normativity
- Working through discomfort and conflict – a move beyond discomfort to a shared understanding
- A desire to lead a healthy lifestyle and to be continually trying to improve our health
- A desire for long term practicality and pragmatism; to seek to minimize undesirable but necessary tasks and maximize desirable activities over the long term, even if this means short term undesirable activities may need to increase.